Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ahram Boy - 17/07 Sat




The alms offering this morning is sublime. I think it’s the cool weather, even though the sun is not rising but the whole atmosphere of the rain drizzling and walking bare foot on the wet road. It feels liberating. I notice there’s a dog which keeps following us since my first day, maybe she’s trying to gain good merits too.

There is one more village to visit in the afternoon. In a glance, the village looks pretty decent and clean but closer look, the ants are marching along the edge of the wooden house. The villagers as always are friendly; some old ladies even came up to chat with me. We even share a meal together and they think I’m 25. Good for a man whom is approaching 30 soon. As usual, the children looking at me like a big elephant in the room, sharing some inhibited laughter when I start to show them my funny facial expression.

Children is always the easiest to hang around with as they are not skeptical and judgmental, open-minded regardless how you look and dress. They just like to share a good laugh! I’ve some memorable friends I’ve met that are less than 13 years old. Grateful there are no generation gap :) Village life is indeed carefree!

No comments:

Post a Comment