Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ahram Boy - 13/07 Tue

I survive one night in the village after the heavy rain. I thought at one time the tent is going to be blown away, but I’m fat and that puts the weight on the tent. There are ants and mosquitoes bite at the same time. I’m going to give myself a medal for my tough endurance. Even though, I went out to the nearby provision shop to get my breakfast, the villagers are very sweet to cook vegetarian food especially for me.

In the mid afternoon, Khun Paul plays a series of video clips on how the drug users go insane and threaten the public by hostage. It’s appalling to see how drugs can do so much damage. Not to oneself but to the society. Images of blood dripping head and innocent victim under the arms of long knife upsets me, why is it that only women or young child are taken as hostage, never once man to man.

The villagers work hard together to maintain the cleanliness of the hall, I saw how creative the villagers are by using big palm leaves as dust pan.

With the unforeseen circumstances and living in a rural village, where looks is not the utmost important factor to consider and vanity is not a priority. My attitude towards my personal hygienic has dropped drastically to zero. I’m dreadful to take a shower at one point. I tend to be lazy and less self conscious. Few days of not shaving, looking at myself in the mirror and certainly not wanting to look like Rubeus Hagrid full of beard in Harry Potter. I feel like I don’t exist totally. That kind of indifference to me is neutral and peaceful except occasionally the mosquitoes remind me of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment