Thursday, March 3, 2011

Saying Goodbye is always the hardest way to leave

Before I leave, Mae keeps ensuring I’ve enough to eat on the road so she packed some biscuits and water for me. She tied a blessed white string by a famous Luang Por in Lamphun on my hand and Por gave me some amulets for my protection. I, in return gave Mae a Jade bracelet I bought in Myanmar and a mobile phone pouch for Por, together with a set of key chain holders for them.

We then set off to Lamphun & Chiang Mai which Mae insisted they should send me to my guest house. But before we head directly to my guesthouse, we visited a few beautiful temples in Lamphun. See below for details

To thank them which are never enough, but as a token of my appreciation I want to buy them lunch. Poor Por and Mae, I discover they have to endure with my vegetarian diet for the past 2 days. Por and Mae ate two plates of rice, Chicken rice and Char Siew rice. I feel like they have been meat deprived.

Finally, the time to bid farewell is here, Mae make sure my room is good enough to stay before they decided to leave. It reminds me of the first day of school where my mum has made the final check on my wallet, class, friends and everything that deems secure and safe before reluctantly let me go. I sincerely wish them happiness and grateful for what they have done to me. May the good merits I’ve accumulated share with them and they have an amazing life ahead! Pom Rak Por Mae!

WAT PHRA THAT HARIPHUNCHAI
This temple was built during the reign of King Athittayarat in the 12th Century on the site of Chamma Thewi's Royal Palace some 800 years ago. The attraction place is the 46 metre tall golden Chedi whose present was the result of the restoration work in 1443 by a King of Chiang Mai. The style of the pagoda is a square-shaped Chedi and a Khmer-style Buddha statue.


WAT CHAMMATHEWI
The villager called "Wat Ku Kut" which this wat was establised by Khmers around 755 then renovated by Mons during the Haripunchai Dynasty. The image Buddha in this period is special characterized by their long ears and generally wider faces and Devarai style. Ashes of the queen are enshrined within the Chedi.


WAT PHRA PHUTTHABAT TAK PHA
This temple located around 9 km further south of Pa Sang. Which the well-known has the Load Buddha once stayed here, leaving a trace of likeness of monk's saffron robe and his footprint of stone ground.


More pictures
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=575247633&aid=279290

No comments:

Post a Comment