Monday, March 7, 2011

Do nothing in Pai

“Do nothing” that’s what the town Pai philosophizes. Even though I’ll eventually try to find something to do in this town but it’s that spirit, that community bonding, people to people interaction and the way how the Pai people live with passion and fervor through the handicraft, photography, artistry and music make this small little town with no amazing attractions attractive. It means let everything hang loose, just like what I’m doing right now, not wearing underwear beneath my black hippy and baggy ¾ pants.

This is the second time I’ve been to Pai but I feel like this time I know a little better about this place as this trip I’m not rushing myself. I take my time to explore this quaint little town. It’s funny how I even bump into this tree house website while searching for an accommodation in Pai. Rooms build on top of a tall and “turnkey” tree; make me eager to go to Pai. To escape from the high living expenses in Bangkok, I decided to chill in the northern part of Thailand, which means to spend 700 baht on a tree house will be too much for me so I somehow pondering If I can meet someone on the bus to Pai and share it with me, that’ll be wonderful. With a wishful thinking, I travel to Pai, without anyone seems to connect with me except an insensitive Israeli whom says he doesn’t like Muslim (mind you, my cousin and some of my best mates are Muslim) loudly on the bus converse with me like a narrow-minded child and keep on asking about what to do in Pai ( I said nothing) triggers the rest of the passenger on the bus to ask me lots of question after they arrived in Pai (I can seriously think of opening a travel agency). When this Scottish girl, Ellen starts to ask me where would I recommend staying in Pai. I immediately light up my face with full enthusiasm and started to tell her about this tree house I saw on the website, I even have the tree house photo on my mobile just to convince anyone in any case. She delightfully agrees and I call the tree house to pick us up from the travel agency.

It is love at first sight just looking at the tree which I’m going to sleep from below. I squeak like a little child, climbing all the way up, makes me realize this could be the best accommodation I’ve ever slept through my entire bagpacking trips so far. When we get into the room, I can’t believe there is Fridge, TV and even free wi-fi and and breakfast included. It’s surreal; I nearly want to scream from the top of the tree like Tarzan. After marveling at the tree house for about 55mins, Ellen and I decide to walk around the tree house and then get some food in town; even the transfer from the tree house to town is free. The scenery around the tree house is tranquil. There are also elephant rides for the guest and you could swim at the nearby lake. All in all, it’s a 5 start adventure with bagpacker price 

http://www.paitreehouse.com/eng/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment