Saturday, July 31, 2010

Foreword


Before I can fully absorb and reflect my travel experiences in Taiwan. I'm already jumping into my next destination, Ubon Rachathani in Thailand. The end is indeed the begining. This year is pretty special for me, at the grand old age of 29, coming to 30. I can’t help but to compare my life with the Buddha, it’s at this age when he chose to leave the palace and seek for the enlightenment. The notion of finding a way out of death, sickness and unsatisfactory in life is liberating, thus this year, I decided to be a temple boy for a month. It’s a promise I’ve made to a monk during the Buddhist Lent 2 years ago. I’m given my words to him for this inimitable undertaking, followed by September, a pilgrimage in India to unravel the Buddha’s footstep…

No comments:

Post a Comment