Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 21 - Disturbance & Relief















I challenge myself by visiting 2 different counties in one day. First, Zhang Hua where I meet the huge copper Buddha and then the hot spring in Lu Shan that I soak till I wahhhh.

Zhang Hua is a cool town to hang out but the weather is incredibly hot, 41 degrees Celsius. There have everything a city needs but not as overcrowded. The BaGuaSan Big Buddha is incredible, It’s actually a building itself where Buddha life story is depicted. However, the narration is misrepresented and –verb like admonish is used in the story by the Buddha. There are also other things that disturb me during the visit. The free distribution book that attacks Tibetan Buddhism and other unorthodox Buddhism school of thoughts is such a blasphemy. It’s beyond my comprehension why they choose to write a book rather than confront the group itself.

The temple behind the Buddha is not as remarkable as what it seems. The first and second floor hoses the Taoist deities and the third floor houses the Shakyamuni Buddha. It seems messy to me, apparently, triple gems is not there. It feels more like a tourist site than a spiritual place.

While I try not to get disturb by how I feel, I keep track of my time so I can visit the hot spring, I really need to soak myself as it is part of my top 3 things to do in Taiwan. The first 2 is night market and temple visiting.

The hot spring didn’t disappoint me even though it’s a one and a half hours bus ride, it’s time worth spending. I changed into my swimming trunks and of course no pictures of my nipples will be exposed in this blog  when I got into the pool, the guard actually lends me his swimming cap, saying it’s a mandatory to wear it in the pool. I thank him gratefully, knowing I might be a tourist thus no information of swimming cap is informed. It’s really warm, the pool has a slight copper taste and smell, but the water massage therapy at each spot is such a relief.

I got out of the pool and preparing myself back to Taipei where my journey is coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment