Sunday, February 27, 2011

On different path...


In the morning, I went to the Golden rock by a big truck, not too sure if the road will be bumpy and since it’s only 500 kyats difference by sitting in front with the driver except I need 4 more passengers to share the front seat with me. I met Yuda shang and he seem willing to share, so with 3 locals, the truck start moving. The weather is beautiful and everywhere is surrounded by trees and stones. After we get off the bus, there is a 45 min hike to the rock, so I hike up together with Yuda shang, the road is winding but it also is a great work-out!

When we arrived, I’m very delighted to be greeted by the panoramic mountain views. The golden rock is impressive and spiritual to all the Burmese, some sitting near to the rock, chanting and meditating, tourist like us snap the rock non-stop. I do feel the energy around the rock is sublime! Seems to me it’s like a hairy business through the sights in Burma, the shewadagon paya is said to enshrine the Buddha’s hair after his enlightenment approached by two Burmese merchants for the “souvenir” from the Buddha. Then in the golden rock, it’s said the rock is supported by the Buddha’s hair so as to miraculously stop the rock from falling. Whoever hair it is, Buddha said, if you see me, you’ll see my teaching and if you’ll see my teaching, you’ll see me so whether there is hair or not. It’s not important. I’ll diligently practice the dharma.

Coincidentally, Yuda shang and I share the same bus, where he will go Yangon and I’ll go to bago after specifically to the bus conductor I’ll be dropping off at Bago (at this point, I’m thinking of leaving the country earlier than I should till to the unaligned view I’ve for the government) before I make my plan booking the cheapest air ticket out of Yangon. It turns out Myanmar wants me out as soon as possible. The bus conductor didn’t stop me at Bago and it turns out I was moving forward to Yangon together with Yuda San. Not too sure I’ll be staying in Yangon and Yuda shang told me the panda hotel he stayed is very good, I then suggest if the room is too expensive shall we share the twin single bed room for the night before he flies to Bangkok.

It turns out so smoothly that I was able to get free wifi in the hotel lobby with buffet breakfast for only $17 USD. Needless to say even the free wifi doesn’t mean a thing where the government keeps blocking the major websites like yahoo mail, gmail and even air aisa website is not easily accessible but the breakfast is good though.


More Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment