Sunday, February 27, 2011

Myanmar - The very beginning

This Myanmar trip started with a cheap airfare I secured from Airasia, Bangkok to Yangon for only 1010.00 THB (S$44). I booked this air ticket without thinking how much I was going to spend on my air fare flying to Bangkok, convincing myself I’m able to get a cheap air fare at the “right” time from Singapore to Bangkok. The more I think about it, the more I’m amazed at how I’m travelling to 2 countries at a fraction of price. It turns out my Bangkok airfare is only S$138 together with the Myanmar airfare S$44. I actually spend S$178 for the air tickets on these 2 countries.

The night before I embark my journey I was at my twin brother’s wedding (we are not from the same parents but we are born on the same day), so I was a little lethargic and bus 858 which I usually take to the airport amended the route which make my bus journey longer that I expected and feeling more frustrated as it make a big round about in Sembawang for more than 20mins. As I’m always prepared for the unexpected (just 2 hours in advance), I checked in at ease without lateness, only left 15 minutes to browse the gossip magazines at the bookstore.

Despite the bad reputation on the recent delays Tiger airways has garnered, they deserve a good mention on the larger air plane they have upgraded (my long hairy leg can finally stretch) and somehow their services are much better.

After arriving in Bangkok airport, I’m happy to get a airport transfer from the nearby hotel as it’s about 650 Baht including one night stay and to and fro to the airport. Kriss residence is very clean and cozy so much so I’m reluctant to leave Bangkok to Myanmar. Still, my trip has to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment