Friday, August 15, 2008

Travel mates!






Mostly, you meet your future friend solely by uncontrived mishaps, like by sitting next to them on a songthaew, or in a restaurant when ordering the food in an alien language, or staying in a same guest house or better in the same room if you are on a budget sharing a dorm. The terrific way to meet people is to start a conversation by saying Hello and everything will fall in place. I’ve been a Hello-slut since the first day of my bag-packing. You can tell by the friends I’ve met from my blog and also since I’ve a face that spells “identity crisis” It’s hard to introduce myself as there isn’t any distinctive Singapore looks about me. There are often times where I’m mistaken as Japanese (Hey, Japanese aren’t that tall), Korean (Hey, my eyes aren’t tiny either), Laotian, Taiwanese and best of all Pan Asian like the Thai actors in their local TV. If not, for my inability to speak a fluent Thai, I might have gotten a better discount for my purchases.

1 comment:

  1. bro...feel so happy for u to know so many cool people....really a fun trip for u good good. Ya i got ya sms, will meet up with u soon.

    ReplyDelete