Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bahá'í Lotus Temple





Shaped like a lotus bud with 27 petals, this stunning temple suspended above milky-blue ponds is surely one of the most magnificent monuments ever made from concrete --but there is very little to see inside. The lush park around is well landscaped but mostly off-limits.

While trying hard to take my own picture together with the amazing Bahá'í Lotus Temple, someone come up and offer to take a picture for me instead. His name is Milan from Serbia. He heard I just came back from the Dalai Lama Teaching tour and wonder what's so amazing about Buddha's teaching so I humbly explain the 4 noble truths and he seem extremly interested and ask where he can get more information. I refer him to the Budhhist bible/website www.buddhanet.net hoping that more people can get liberated.

The feeling is inexplicable and I believe every teacher must have a sense of achievement when the student understands. It aspire me that Buddhism without considering as a religious can be a tremendous liberating philosophy for all sentient beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment