Friday, December 25, 2009

Red Fort





While entering the fort, I was stopped by the security to check my bag, As he is Singh wearing a turban, I find it amusing when he notice the scarf around my head looks like a turban too and complimenting nice turban! Then, rush all the young children visiting the fort with their teachers like a school outing, asking to take a picture with me. For a moment, I really thought that I'm a Bollywood star ;) This happens for quite a few times inside the fort.

The Red Fort (Lal Qila) is one of Delhi's top tourist sights. A brilliant red sandstone fort built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan (who also built Taj Mahal) as his ruling palace. Completed in 1648, the years since have not treated the buildings kindly: the rooms have long since been stripped of all objects, the marble inlays are long gone and quite a few buildings are off limits. Still, the scale remains imposing and the gardens are kept lush and green even in midwinter.

No comments:

Post a Comment