Monday, May 4, 2009

Identity Crisis

It’s official! I look like Japanese even though I beg to differ. Thai okay, Jap not so much! No offence, Sunimasei! I’ve been keeping track of my tourist identity. The most frequent question people will ask is “Where you come from?” Sadly to say, I don’t know how a Singaporean looks like and most of them will acknowledge me as Japanese, Koreans, Thai or even Pinoy. So, whenever someone ask where I come from? I’ll always reply “Make a guess?” Here are the results;

Japanese: 14 times
Korean 4 times
Thai: 3 times
Philippino: 1 time
American (I know): 2 times

Make a guess: 3 times (Till to their limited understanding in English, they thought make a guess is a country :)

Nonetheless, I’m flying back to Singapore soon where someone will stop konijiwa me.

1 comment:

  1. Eh same leh. When i was in Taiwan, pp keep toking to me in Jap. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete